Rotring Art Pens
- Solid construction but dismantles for cleaning
- Nibs can be sharpened on Arkansas stone.
- A filler adapter can be fitted to use bottled ink
- Four Italic sizes:- 1.1, 1.5, 1.9, or 2.3mm
- (0.6, 0.9, 2.7mm and all the LH sizes discontinued by Rotring)
- Sketch Pen available in Extra Fine or Fine.
- Brilliant Ink in cartridges:- Ultramarine and Black
- [Others discontinued by Rotring including the brown]
- The filller convertor can be fitted and bottled inks from Winsor Newton, Pelikan, Higgins Fountain Pen India or waterproof inks can be used
- End of the ArtPen era...
- First we said goodbye to Rotring bottled inks
- Then goodbye to the coloured cartridges
- Then "Farewell" Rotring ArtPen tin
- replaced by a triangular folded cardboard box
- Finally it looks as though the ArtPen itself is going to be discontinued Last remaining stock as listed by each pen below, Fillers and cartridges still in stock
ArtPen Nib Unit
- The Rotring Nib Unit dismantles to enable thorough cleaning of the ink feed
- If frequently flushed and cleaned the ArtPen can be used with waterproof inks
- If necessary leave the ink mechanism to soak overnight in airbrush cleaner
- Scrub gently with an old toothbrush and rinse well before reassembling
- Use the filler/convertor to fill from bottled ink rather than cartridges